I found some lovely chunky yarn when I was out and about last week and couldn’t resist whipping up a couple of cowls to keep me warm for the winter.
The first one was in this lovely grey/plum colour:
I think I must have done something wrong as it’s wider at one end, I’ve clearly increased in a few places where I didn’t mean to. Thankfully it doesn’t really matter as it fits and is warm it does the job.
I then wanted to try my hand at a red and black one and I was going to buy 1 ball or red and 1 of black and crochet with 2 strands together which I’ve not done before but then I found red and black in one yarn. It is entirely coincidental that the stripes turned out so uniformly the way they did.
They are both so chunky and squishy.
Yup, all 4 parts are now out, you can find the final part along with the assembly instructions here.
Here is the piece I made for week 3. Looking forward to making up the final few pieces and then throwing them all together!
Putting it together was nice and easy and I just love how it turned out. I’ve bought some alphabet buttons online so that I can put Jack’s name on the stocking so hopefully they will arrive later in the week. For now though here is how it looks:
Well Jack was under 1 month old when last Christmas came around so it really wasn’t much of a Christmas for him. This year should be much more fun, he’ll be just shy of 13 months old so I figure this kid needs a Christmas stocking. I found a design I really liked and given how much fun I had making the African flowers for the Happypotamus I thought I’d dive into this African Flower Crochet Stocking.
I’ve decided to go with white sparkly yarn with 2 shades of blue. I won’t do the join-as-you-go method with this as I think the ridge texture provided by regular joining method will be really nice. So far I’ve made 7 of the hexagons, just doing 1 every couple of days when time allows.
You can find the PDF and video guide for part 3 here. There is only 1 large part to make in week 3 so I think this must be the body. Given all the clues we’ve had so far I’m 99% sure I know what it is.
Here are all the components from part 2:
You can find all the details for part 2 here.
I’m using Red Heart Super Saver in Spring Green. You can’t get Red Heart Super Saver in the UK (that I’m aware of) which is a real shame. I got this and 3 other colours during a yarn exchange on Reddit. It’s great to work with. Here is the result of part 1:
The first of 4 parts was released on Tuesday, find out everything you need to know from the Crochet Challengers website.
I have already finished everything I need for part 1 using Red Heart Super Saver in green. Chris seems to think it’s a crocodile but I have no idea. I’m really hoping I don’t guess what it is until the very end, so I’m trying to stay away from comments on the Facebook page as I don’t want any potential spoilers.
In order to get back into crochet I’m planning on taking part in the Crochet Crowd‘s Mystery Amigurumi Crochet Along.
The basic idea is that you are given the instructions of what to make (in 4 stages) but you aren’t told what you are making and you are not told which colours to use either. So you won’t really know until nearer the end of the project. I love this idea and have always wanted to take part in one.
This Mystery Crochet Along doesn’t start until 8th September so you have plenty of time to get your hooks and yarn ready. If you want the limited details on this then you can find them here.
Yeh I have been away for some time, but I have a really really good reason, I had a baby! He’s my whole world and as a result crochet kinda went out the window for a bit! I even used the recent Reddit Gifts Yarn exchange to downsize my stash a little by giving away a bunch of yarn.
I’ve been itching to get back into crochet for a few weeks now but have been at a loss with what to crochet. I occasionally work on the Rainbow Ripple Blanket so it is a little bigger than before but not so big that it’s worth a photo.
I pretty much finished my Happypotamus while I was pregnant. I only have the ears to put on. It’s been 4 and a half months since I had my son and I’ve still not put two damn ears on the thing. I will get round to it…eventually. Here is a photo of it in it’s current state. Poor thing is stuffed in a cupboard now. Not sure if you can see the can of coke just behind the nose, gives a good indication of the size. I used a 4mm hook when the pattern called for a 2mm hook, so it’ turned out huge but I love it!
At home I don’t think I can really work on anything that required me to follow a detailed pattern. It takes us 3 hours to watch an episode of The Walking Dead due to baby duties so I have no hope of following a pattern. The Rainbow Ripple Blanket is easy enough as it’s just the same thing over and over and I can put it down at any moment without the fear of losing my place.
I do however want to tackle something a bit more fun. I’ve been looking for a few weeks now for something, anything to make me a bit more excited about crochet. I just couldn’t find a pattern that made me say “I need to make this”. Today I found that pattern, and bought new yarn for said pattern.
I’m going to make this rather cute Giraffe and I will be using Lily Sugar n Cream yarn in Moondance Ombre so rather than making the Giraffe stripy with colour changes I’ll let the yarn do the hard work for me. I’ve never had Sugar n Cream yarn before so I’m rather excited about getting some.