I feel like I didn’t get much done this week. I was working on the basket some more, mainly filling in with the other colour. I got to just before the end of the basket and ran out of one of the colours I was using, which confused me a lot because I was supposed to do the handle in this colour too.
Turns out I had been using one of the wrong colours in the tweeding. I was using light beige instead of beige. I only realised this last night. *sigh*. I wasn’t about to unpick a weeks worth of stitching so I emailed the kit makers as their thread is specifically dyed to match the artwork so I can’t just go out and buy more of the colour. Hopefully they are able to send me more light beige. If I can at least finish the main bit of basket in the same colour it should look fine, and of course use the light beige on the bits that should have been light beige. I hope I don’t have to wait too long.
I’ve switched to the correct colours for the handle of the basket and I’m hoping this will look ok. At no point does the handle ever meet the basket because of the kittens so I’m hoping it looks believable that the handle might be a slightly darker colour.
I’m pretty annoyed I was so careless. Anyway here is what I’ve managed this past week: